Thursday, December 4, 2008

Worship is about more than just music and lyrics.

Thank you for the great feedback about the mini-album. Some of you have been asked me to share the music and lyrics to the 3 songs. Really-- you didn't need to ask, since that was the reason why I recorded this CD in the first place! :))

You are most welcome to learn these songs, use them and share them for personal devotion or corporate worship. To GOD be all the glory!

Here's a link to the chords to all the 3 songs--
www.riversoflife.org.sg/chordcharts.html


SONG LYRICS

"These people come near to Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. Their worship of Me is made up only of rules taught by men." - Isaiah 29: 13

* * * *

MORE (words & music by averil leong (c) 2004)
Soloist -- Amanda Lee

Set me apart-- here's my heart
I'll honour You, worship You
Humbly I pray-- Your will, Your way
I'll honour You, worship You

More than words, let my life speak
More than songs, let my soul sing
Owner of the air that I breathe
As I inhale each breath, may I exhale Your praise
Keeper of the time that I loan
May the seconds, Lord, count for You

From day to day, lead me Your way
I’ll follow and trust in You
From faith to faith, use me I pray
To honour You, worship You

* * * *


"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations ... and teaching them to obey everything I’ve commanded you." - Matthew 28:19-20

MANY (words & music by averil leong (c) 2004)
Soloist – Dorcas Yap

You implanted Your Word in my heart
You have called me and set me apart
As I hear, I obey and I follow Your way
By Your Spirit and pow'r we’ll breakthrough and we’ll see that

Many will come, many will call
Many will seek Your face
Lord many will run, pursue Your ways
Living Your Word, Your truth
Because we believe in You

You pre-destined I'll walk in Your path
You foreknew in eternity pass
Lord I'll hear, I'll obey and I'll follow Your way
By Your Spirit and pow'r we'll breakthrough and we'll see that

We believe in Your Word, we believe in Your pow'r
We believe You will rule and reign
We believe You are God, we believe are Lord
We believe You are Saviour and King

* * * *


"that I may know him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death" - Philippians 3:10

THANK YOU (words & music by averil leong (c) 2007)
Soloists - Sherman Ong & Averil Leong

I will ever sing about Your endless grace
I will ever sing about Your perfect love

You’re my life I live to know You more
You’re my Lord I live to love You more

You paid the price, Your sacrifice
Redeemed my soul from the way it could go
Lord Jesus Christ, my Strength, my Guide
You keep my feet on the victory road
We thank You

I will ever sing about Your faithfulness
I will ever sing about Your goodness

* * * *

No comments: